What are you doing to end Human trafficking?
Human trafficking is a form of modern slavery—a multi-billion dollar criminal industry that denies freedom to over 21 million victims around the world. Simply put it is the trade of humans, most commonly for the purpose of forced labour, sexual slavery, or commercial sexual exploitation for the trafficker or others. This may encompass providing a spouse in the context of forced marriage, or the extraction of organs or tissues, including for surrogacy and ovary removal. Human trafficking can occur within a country (as it does not necessarily involve the movement of persons from one place to another) or trans-nationally. And no matter where you live, chances are it’s happening nearby. So far, all victims share one essential experience: they have been denied to live the life they desire.
According to the International Labour Organization (ILO),
1. at any given time in 2016, and estimated 40.3 million people are in modern slavery, including 24.9 in forced labour and 15.4 million in forced marriage.
2. It means there are 5.4 victims of modern slavery for every 1000 people in the world
3. 1 in 4 victims of modern slavery are children.
4. Out of the 24.9 million people trapped in forced labour, 16 million people are exploited in the private sector such as domestic work, construction or agriculture; 4.8 million persons in forced sexual exploitation, and 4 million persons in forced labour imposed by state authorities.
5. Women and girls are disproportionately affected by forced labour, accounting for 99% of victims in the commercial sex industry, and 58% in other sectors
What Voice of Freedom is doing to end Human Trafficking
Voice of Freedom is a non-governmental organization, working to improve the lives of women and girls and local communities throughout the world, Voice of Freedom undertakes a number of projects that directly and indirectly help potential victims. In addition, the organization is calling on the public to do its part to end this heinous practice.
We also undertake a number of other projects that directly and indirectly help victims and potential victims. These projects provide direct aid to women and girls—giving women economic tools and skills to achieve financial empowerment and independence:
We also provide financial assistance to regions affected by natural disasters or acts of war, with special attention paid to services benefiting women and girls. Women and girls affected by disasters are often vulnerable to traffickers.
If you are a victim and need our support you can contact us by sending us a private message on facebook or call our service line +31643668658 or +31634691653.
What can you do to support?
You can start by sharing this post to create more awareness. Also visit our website www.thevoiceoffreedom.org to see other ways you can assist.